Job: Software Architect (front-end)
|| Software Architect (front-end)
A client of ours in the education space is seeking a Front-end Software Architect to lead the design, execution, and forward thinking strategy of their UI. This role is critical and reports directly to the Chief Architect. This strong technical leader will collaborate with a core team of senior architects and engineers to refine and drive realization of our technical vision, participate in a program to implement technical and process architectural standards and frameworks across software, quality, and infrastructure teams.
What you will do
- Lead key UI architecture decisions across the development organization.
- Lead the design of architectural roadmaps, UI architecture, software components and align these with the company’s business strategies and objectives.
- Provides expertise on UI engineering best practices, standards, architectural approaches and complex technical resolutions.
- Working with UI engineering teams across the technology organization, deliver the strategy through clear leadership/direction, influence and integration with agile development processes.
- At least 3 years as an architect with experience leading a very senior team of principal engineers in developing and implementing industry UI solutions.
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise in front-end technologies like HTML, CSS.
- Exposure to animation, rich interactivity and gaming.
- Prior experience with Flash and/or HTML5 animation / game libraries (CreateJS, etc) a major plus.
- Demonstrated skills in setting, communicating and executing architectural vision.
- Strong communication skills and successful history of leading via influence.
- 10+ years of experience in software development.
- A BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, MS is preferred.
Who you are
- You have a high degree of confidence and a low ego.
- You prefer to collaborate and persuade, but are not afraid to be the decision maker.
- You can deliver a vision that satisfies your pragmatic peers.
- You enjoy learning as much as teaching.
- You have a great sense of humor.
NOTE: There are also several senior front-end engineering roles at this company.